Water Quality Testing
Let SETX Home Inspections perform a simple and basic water quality test of your private water system. Our inspector performed test will inspect for bacteria, lead, pesticides, nitrates and nitrites, chlorine, hardness, and pH. While this isn't as official as a lab examination, it can be done for a portion of the cost to evaluate if your water is within the established limits and will inform you if a more extensive lab analysis should be performed to determine the safe drinking quality of your water. The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) recommends well owners test their water at least annually for bacteria, nitrates, and any contaminants of local concern.
More frequent testing should be considered if:
• There is a change in the taste, odor, or appearance of the well water, or if a problem occurs such as a broken well cap, inundation by floodwaters, or a new contamination source
• The well has a history of bacteria contamination
• The septic system has recently malfunctioned or been replaced
• Family members or house guests have recurrent incidents of gastrointestinal illness
• An infant is living in the home, or
• To monitor the efficiency and performance of home water treatment equipment
SETX Home Inspections recommends all properties with a private water source that is used for consumption to be tested by our inspector performed testing method at a minimum.
We also offer certified lab testing, for a higher premium, due to the certified lab analysis and the report they will issue. Some lenders even require a certified lab analysis. If you are interested in this, or any of our other services, please contact us today!